Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Steak and Boursin-Wrapped Bells



It seems like there are a zillion vegetarian/vegan appetizers out there, and not too many that incorporate meat.  I like meat, so here's one for all of you carnivores like me.  It's great as part of a finger food buffet or as an appetizer.  And it only takes 10 minutes to make.

I'd love to attribute this recipe, but I don't remember where I found it.  If it's yours, please let me know!

Recipe
Makes 16 pieces.

Ingredients:
  • 16 thin slices grilled steak, such as filet mignon (about 8 ounces)
  • 1 cup light Boursin cheese, divided
  • 4 ounces thinly sliced bell pepper

Directions:

Spread each steak slice with 1 teaspoon Boursin cheese and top with bell pepper slices. Roll the steak around the bell pepper slices.

Tip:  For an even quicker preparation, try deli roast beef. But get the good stuff, not the chopped/pressed/formed crap.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: 
Per piece: 37 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrate; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 34 mg sodium; 66 mg potassium.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a suggestion? A variation? Please share!